We have a number of employment opportunities available on campus each year. These jobs are a great way for students or students’ spouses to earn some extra money or gain job experience! You can find out more specific information about employment below.
Areas of the school that offer part time/casual employment
Grounds, Maintenance & Custodial
Contact:Rob Schellenberg (grounds & maintenance)
Contact: Mark Brauer (custodial)
The Arena & Gym
Contact: Lloyd Friesen
Applying for a Job
- Email your resumé to the respective supervisor. Supervisors who are hiring will call the candidates they want to interview and will make their selections after the interview process.
- Please note that you need to have a Canadian Social Insurance Number in order to be employed by Briercrest.
- If you’re an international student, you can obtain a temporary SIN before securing a job, but must not work before completing this process.
- The temporary SIN effective dates will coincide closely with your Student Visa which you received before arriving at Briercrest.
- Casual student jobs can range from six to 14 hours per week. Pay rate for these general labour positions is the SK minimum wage. These positions are paid on the bi-weekly hourly payroll and include direct deposit to the employee’s personal bank account.
Length of Employment
- Students are generally hired for the school year but may work for parts of the year, based on school obligations and needs in the role.
Working for Briercrest
Students hired by Briercrest will be required to
- sign the institutional covenant
- provide a criminal record check
- complete a hiring package for payroll purposes