Internships are available to our college students who have completed 60 credit hours or more and have been accepted into a degree program offering an internship. Some programs allow for internships with less than 60 credit hours. Check with the program coordinator for internship pre-requisites.
Students interested in an internship should take the following steps:
- View the online syllabus posted on Briercrest Live and direct questions about its requirements to the Program Coordinator. If the syllabus is not posted, please contact your Program Coordinator for a copy.
- Determine where and with whom you will do your internship.
- The individual who will directly supervise your internship is your "Internship Supervisor."
- If your "Internship Supervisor" is not a BCS faculty member, you will need a "Faculty Supervisor" who will also oversee your internship and assign your grade. Your Faculty Supervisor should be requested in consultation with the Program Coordinator but faculty members are not required to accept your request.
- Create an internship proposal with help from your Faculty Supervisor.
- Once the internship proposal is ready, print a copy of the Internship Form from your syllabus. Obtain signatures from your Faculty Supervisor and Internship Supervisor.
- Submit a completed Internship Form and Proposal to your Program Coordinator. If/when the program coordinator approves the internship, he/she will submit the Internship Form to Academic Services office. If you do not hear from the Academic Services office, check with your Program Coordinator to make sure the form was submitted to the Academic Services office for course registration.
- The Academic Services office will send you an email to confirm your registration for the course.
- As you fulfill the requirements of your internship, be sure to maintain periodic contact with your Faculty Supervisor.
- Once you have completed your internship, submit any written assignments to your Faculty Supervisor and arrange for an interview with him/her.