Dorms and Community Housing
Briercrest has half a dozen dorms on campus (see profiles). All unmarried students who are under the age of 23 (at the beginning of the semester) and without dependants must live in a student dorm unless they qualify and have successfully applied for community housing status (see below).
- Residence Life Code
- The Residence Life Code document details the college's expectations of all students living in Briercrest College and Seminary residences. A set of common guidelines helps maintain a positive environment of respect, consideration, accountability, and safety.
Each dorm has a Residence Director (RD) and each hall has two or three Residence Assistants (RAs). These leaders are there to offer help and support and encourage spiritual and social development.
Senior Residence Directors:
- Blair Klassen - College Men
- Tara Martens - College Women
- Kirsten Matthies - Briercrest Christian Academy
- Hillson / Eliason (BCA) - Ben Banting
- Bergren Place (College) - Melanie Hill
Something that makes Briercrest College and Seminary is its residence program. We believe in education that goes beyond the classroom environment. This means that all unmarried students who are under the age of 23 (at the beginning of the semester) and without dependants must live in a student dorm unless they qualify and have successfully applied for community housing status.
Community housing approvals are limited to students entering their fourth year of undergraduate studies at Briercrest College and Seminary (six full semesters in residence on this campus, and/or 90+ formally applied college credit hours including transfer credits). Students who meet these criteria must also be in good standing in all areas of school life. Everyone in this category must APPLY and be APPROVED for community housing status before proceeding with moving plans.
Community Housing Application Process
Students must submit application forms along with the required portfolio component (linked below) to the Student Development office located in the lower hall of the Administration Building for processing and evaluation.
- Community Housing Application Form
- Community Housing Policy available upon request from the Student Development office or by email: email@example.com